Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pickering 19 Division and the rest of the day.

By the time I got to the Pickering DRP office it was close to 1 pm.
Short and sweet - a videotaped statement to the boys in blue and the handing in of the
bloodied T-shirt with the hole ripped in the front of it.  Lasted about 45 minutes.
While I was in there one of the many "chiefs" from Ryder Logistics showed up. 
I will be calling him Joe I. for future reference.
When I came out he was in conversation with my husband.  Not trusting this man (Joe) one bit, it
made me nervous to see him actually acting like a decent human being and showing genuine concern
for my well-being while having this chat with my husband, a decent guy but someone who can also be
way too trusting with upper brass at times, which in turn has bitten him in the butt more than once in
his life.
That being said, the detectives informed me that my truck had been located, and commended me on the
fact that it was still full, minus 3 small totes.
I did my job....saved the company almost $100,000.00.   Client should be happy.
After we were done in Pickering I headed to the Ryder Depot where we parked the vans. 
I don't remember much about that for some reason, I was more interested in making my next stop to my
personal doctor so she could check me out, which she did....and promptly sent me to Lakeridge Health for
a CAT scan to make sure my brains were still attached where they were supposed to be.
That whole thing took me to after 8:30 pm. 
I wanted to see my mother, just to show her that yes, her first-born was still here.
I also needed help to wash my hair, seeing that there were 4 steel staples in my head that were not supposed to get wet.
I had a shower with a towel wrapped around my head first - another man had groped me - and I felt awfully dirty.  Hot water never felt so good.
My husband went home and got me some clean clothes, taking the "dirty" ones with him.
Left mom's around 10 pm.  Went home, took 2 Tylenol 3's and crashed in my bed.
It had been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment