Thursday, December 23, 2010

An introduction to fraudulant termination in the Province of Ontario

The recession that begin in the last part of 2008 and, in my view, is still ongoing, has seen hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs, their livlihoods and in some cases, the very roof over their heads.

In regards to jobs, "downsizing due to the economic climate" has been used more times than anyone can count.

Unfortunately, many companies have used the economic downturn as fuel to rid themselves of employees the cheapest way possible after making business decisions that don't necessary agree with figures on a balance sheet or income statement.

Expansion while losing money, for example, isn't exactly the best business decision.  It's like buying a huge home you know you might have problems paying for - in times like this, you make the decision to stay put and stay with what you have got until things stabilize.

However, big companies and their conglomerates choose to do stupid things, and the employees go from being like one big family to just a number...which is what happened to me.

I went out one day to do my job.  By the end of the day, I was a victim of a crime, having visited 2 hospitals, my personal doctor, and provided a written as well as a videotaped statement to the police.

What did Ryder Logistics choose to do?  Well, you might be shocked, and you might not be shocked.

Throughout this blog, I will be mentioning Ryder Logistics, in this case the office that race out of Mississauga Oshawa, and Brampton.  Individual parties will be known by initials and their titles.  It might get somewhat confusing at times because the number of chiefs greatly outnumbered the number of indians.

I have a legal opinion telling me that it is alright to do so....so I will begin this story shortly.

No employee should literally "take a hit" for the company and be treated the way I was, and continue to be, treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment