Friday, December 31, 2010

Back to work - and you are going to do what?!

The next few days had me off until I could get those damn staples out of the back of my head.
On Sunday the 13th I drove myself around the corner to the Courtice Clinic to have them removed.
Four clicks and out they came.  I went back home and had another shower.
I wanted to get back to work.  My parents did not raise a crybaby, and I was going nuts at home.
Monday the 14th I was back at the shop.  Since my van was in Brampton getting some technical
"recalibration" done on it I went shotgun with a couple of the guys.
Later that week, Thursday or Friday, Joe I. came out to the shop.  Another of the "many chiefs", my direct supervisor, whom I will now call MES told me that Joe I. wanted to see both him and me for a few minutes.
I just thought it was a "how are you feeling" and talk in general.
I could never have been more wrong.
Joe I. informed me that in talking to my husband he found out that I had called my husband in the darkness of Uxbridge in the winter of 2007 and asked for directions.
This I did-I will admit it.  I got lost and since I could get hold of no one else (it was 7 pm at night and I had no idea where I was) I called him. 
Apparently that was a crime.  So, one and a half years after the fact and a week after nearly getting killed on the job....Joe I wrote me up for a security violation, which would go on my record.
I so wanted to have an Adam Sandler moment-you know, the part where Jack Nicolson asks him if it was ok to "date your ex" or something like that-right over the desk-yeah, I was mad.
I looked him straight in the eye and I said to him "I saved the company $100,000.00 and you are doing this to me?!  I nearly got killed and you are writing me up for something that happened over a year ago?  You have got to be kidding me! 
Turns out he was not....the bastard.
After this little incident I had no reason to ever trust Joe I. again.  I was my firm belief that the man was out to get me fired any way, shape or form.
I continued to do my job with all the BS that went along with it, with no complaints, write ups or the like until
March 2009, when the real shafting began.
By this time, I had no trust in anybody, anymore, and even though I did not yet realize it, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder had manifested itself in my inner sanctom. 
Ryder Logistics, however, had already sealed my fate with what they called a "documented performance issue" - that being my write up after my assault - they just needed the icing on the cake to finish me off.
If you thought they were nasty before....you have read nothing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment