Tuesday, December 28, 2010

July 9, 2008 - Part 2 - The hospital.

The police and the EMS both arrived about the same time.
While the police questioned the store owner about what direction the van took - the EMS got a
look at my injuries, and I was a mess.
My work T-shirt had a huge hole in the front of it from being dragged about 30 feet from the front of
the store parking lot to the back area.  It's a good thing I wore a lighter shirt underneath it that day or
I would have had no shirt to wear...talk about embarassing.
It also had a left shoulder that was covered in blood.  Eventually, I handed this shirt in to the authorities as
evidence.
In the meantime, EMS took my blood pressure - it was somewhat high, but not quite in the danger zone.  That was reassuring.
They did say, however, that it was very close to the arortic vessel which carries blood to the brain...which might explain why I was feeling dizzy.
Since my cellphone was in my still missing van, I asked for one so I could call my husband, who worked on a trash truck in Toronto.  I couldn't reach him at first so I phoned his dispatch.
"Just tell him I'm ok and I'm going to Ajax-Pickering Hospital" was all I told a somewhat shocked co-worker on the other end.
He arrived 45 minutes later while I was waiting in the emergency room.  I looked at him and asked him wryly "what route did you fly?"
Soon I had had my wounds cleaned up and 4 staples to close a almost inch long wound in my head.  My husband had already been in touch with our daughter and my mother to let them know what had transpired.  Not sure whether or not the parties who had assaulted me had gotten any of my personal ID at the time, the hubby had called home and told our 18 year old to put the house in lockdown and answer the door to no one until she heard again from her father. 
Not that anyone would be able to get into our home without a fight anyway.  We were the owners of three American Eskimos at the time, and those dogs guard family well, no training needed.  God help anyone try to get into the house without a proper introduction.
While at Ajax-Pickering my husband had gotten hold of my personal doctor, who told him to get me to her ASAP so she could check me out herself.
In the meantime, off I went to file a video-taped police report.
Next...19 Division...Pickering.

No comments:

Post a Comment